All the methods and tools you need to successfully program with Excel
John Walkenbach's name is synonymous with excellence in computer books that decipher complex technical topics. With this comprehensive guide, "Mr. Spreadsheet" shows you how to maximize your Excel experience using professional spreadsheet application development tips from his own personal bookshelf.
Featuring a complete introduction to Visual Basic for Applications and fully updated for the new features of Excel 2010, this essential reference includes an analysis of Excel application development and is packed with procedures, tips, and ideas for expanding Excel’s capabilities with VBA.
- Offers an analysis of Excel application development and a complete introduction to Visual Basic for Applications (VBA)
- Features invaluable advice from "Mr. Spreadsheet" himself (bestselling author John Walkenbach), who demonstrates all the techniques you need to create large and small Excel applications
- Provides tips, tricks, and techniques for expanding Excel's capabilities with VBA that you won’t find anywhere else
- Includes a CD with templates and worksheets from the book
This power-user's guide is packed with procedures, tips, and ideas for expanding Excel's capabilities with VBA.
Note: CD-ROM/DVD and other supplementary materials are not included as part of eBook file.
From the Back Cover
Get more from Excel—learn to extend it with VBA
Learn to use Visual Basic for Applications (VBA), and you can expand the already awesome power of Excel 2010. John Walkenbach, aka Mr. Spreadsheet, shows you how to do it in this easy-to-follow guide.
If you're already an experienced Excel user, this book will make you an Excel master. You'll learn a new approach to Excel and the steps involved in developing a new spreadsheet application. You'll also discover how to develop VBA subroutines and functions, use advanced programming techniques, and more. And if you're switching to Excel 2010 from an earlier version, there's a section to get you up to speed on the new features.
No one can teach you more about Excel than Mr. Spreadsheet.
Let Mr. Spreadsheet show you how to:
- Create powerful Excel apps with VBA
- Develop user-friendly dialog boxes
- Enhance Excel with custom worksheet functions
- Write event-driven VBA code
See Appendix D for complete system requirements
- More than 300 files used as examples in the book
- Searchable PDF of the book