Packed with more than 300 sample scripts and an extensive collection of library functions, this essential scripting book is the most thorough guide to Windows scripting and PowerShell on the market. You’ll examine how Windows scripting is changing the face of system and network administration by giving everyday users, developers, and administrators the ability to automate repetitive tasks. Plus, this is the first time that VBScript, Jscript, and Powershell are all covered in a single resource.
From the Back Cover
VBScript, JScript, and PowerShell—together in a single, comprehensive guide!
With more than 300 sample scripts and an extensive collection of library functions, this book is the most thorough guide to scripting the Windows operating system on the market. You'll discover how scripting can double your productivity by automating repetitive tasks—and you'll find pages of practical VBScript, JScript, and PowerShell solutions together, chapter by chapter, throughout the book. With all three powerhouse programming tools in one comprehensive 800-page resource, this is the scripting book you need to succeed.
Companion Web Site
- Automate tasks, such as the creation of user accounts or data retrieval, with scripting
- Master the essentials of the VBScript, JScript, and PowerShell
- Schedule one-time and recurring tasks with network and directory service scripting
- Work with files, the registry, event logging, ADSI, and more with PowerShell
- Tap into Windows scripting libraries for file, network, and system utilities
- Examine all related technologies, including ActiveX®, Active Directory®, and Windows® Management Instrumentation
- Develop prototype applications or procedures rapidly and easily using scripts
Visit the book's Web site at www.wiley.com/go/powershellbibleand find actual code for the samples and examples discussed in the book.