This book provides a fresh take on Microsoft’s premier collaboration solution. A critical resource if you’re developing on the SharePoint platform, this book features a complete focus on the new features and capabilities of SharePoint 2010. Through a thorough treatment of sites, web parts, data management, portal solutions, and business intelligence capabilities, you’ll appreciate author Sahil Malik’s concise yet highly readable text.
With this book, you’ll gain intermediate-level guidance for designing and deploying exciting business solutions based on Microsoft SharePoint 2010.
What you’ll learn
- Write effective SharePoint 2010 solutions that can be used on the Web, through Microsoft Office, and on mobile devices.
- Find out best practices for managing data stored in a SharePoint site and the most effective ways to get value out of it.
- Discover how to write effective web parts and pages and integrate those solutions across other Microsoft technologies.
- Put on your designer hat and create a custom look and feel for your SharePoint site or portal.
- Learn how to use existing data to create business intelligence solutions based on SharePoint sites.
Who this book is for
This book is for the typical SharePoint 2010 project team member who is technical in nature. It is aimed more toward developers, IT pros, and technical architects than designers or non-technical team members.
Table of Contents
The First Chapter: Please Read!
The SharePoint 2010 Feature Solution Framework
WebParts and SharePoint Pages
Client Object Model, ADO.NET Services, and Custom Services
Managing SharePoint Data: Part 1
Managing SharePoint Data: Part 2
Enterprise Content Management
Business Connectivity Services
About the Author
Sahil Malik, the founder and principal of Winsmarts.com, has been a Microsoft MVP and INETA Speaker for the past 10 years. He has authored many books and numerous articles in the .NET and SharePoint space. Sahil has architected and delivered SharePoint based solutions for extremely high profile clients and talks at conferences internationally. Sahil’s has authored two books for Apress on SharePoint 2010.