Book Summary : Oracle Database 11g Oracle Real Application Clusters Handbook 2nd Edition
Master Oracle Real Application Clusters
Maintain a dynamic enterprise computing infrastructure with expert instruction from an Oracle ACE. Oracle Database 11g Oracle Real Application Clusters Handbook, Second Edition has been fully revised and updated to cover the latest tools and features. Find out how to prepare your hardware, deploy Oracle Real Application Clusters, optimize data integrity, and integrate seamless failover protection. Troubleshooting, performance tuning, and application development are also discussed in this comprehensive Oracle Press guide.
Install and configure Oracle Real Application Clusters
- Configure and manage diskgroups using Oracle Automatic Storage Management
- Work with services, voting disks, and Oracle Clusterware Repository
- Look under the hood of the Cache Fusion and Global Resource Directory operations in Oracle Real Applications Clusters
- Explore the internal workings of backup and recovery in Oracle Real Application Clusters
- Employ workload balancing and the Transparent Application Failover feature of an Oracle database
- Get complete coverage of Stretch Clusters, also known as Metro Clusters
- Troubleshoot Oracle Clusterware using the most advanced diagnostics available
- Develop custom Oracle Real Application Clusters applications
About the Author
K Gopalakrishnan, Oracle ACE, is an award-winning coauthor of Oracle Wait Interface ("Oracle Author of the year 2005", Oracle Magazine). He also wrote Oracle Database 10g Real Application Clusters and has published articles in various international magazines. Gopalakrishnan is recognized as one of the leading database performance tuning experts in the world.