A must-read for SAP Professionals who are looking to take their SAP NetWeaver Portal implementations to the next level. Using this book as your exclusive guide, explore the various architectural and developmental impacts of implementing NetWeaver Portal content for several SAP applications, including Composite Applications and Business Packages. Readers will learn the intricate details of Federated Portals and where it makes sense to use them related to portal content integration scenarios such as Business Intelligence, Employee & Manager Self Service, SRM, and more. In addition, readers can leverage the book's examples as a basis for their own specific requirements.
- Functions: Knowledge Management, Collaboration, Unification, Portal Content Studio
- Architecture: Portal Scenarios, Portal Framework, Connectors
- Installation and Configuration: Components, Basic Settings, Special Features
- Administration: Authorization and User Management, Monitoring and Reporting, Security, Single Sign-On, Transport System
- Development: Web Dynpro ABAP/Java, SAP NetWeaver Developer Studio, Composite Application Framework, SAP NetWeaver Visual Composer, PDK for .NET
About the Author(s)
Valentin Nicolescu works in the SAP University Competence Center at the Technical University of Munich, Germany.
Katharina Klappert is an SAP CRM Consultant at maihiro GmbH in Ismaning, Germany.
Prof. Helmut Krcmar holds the Chair of Information Management at the Technical University of Munich. In this book, the authors have pooled their many years of experience with the SAP portal component.