Learn about the C++ ANSI standard from C++ expert and Standard Committee member Bruce Eckel. Assuming a basic grasp of C, Eckel guides students from understanding C to actually thinking in C++, so that they eventually write code in a total C++ mindset. His goal is to teach students the language so well that it becomes their expressive medium of choice.
- NEW - Coverage of the new ANSI C++ standard—Completely rewritten.
- NEW - A cross-platform multimedia CD-ROM introduction to ANSI C.
- NEW - Emphasis on the most important and most usable features of C++.
- NEW - Practical advice and common pitfall coverage.
- NEW - The Standard Template Library.
- One of the most widely praised and accessible presentations of object-oriented programming with C++.
- Demonstrations of how to step back from coding to consider design strategies, and attempt to “get into the head” of the designer.
- Problem features in each chapter—Explained based on the way the author sees a particular type of problem being solved using the language.
- How to write portable C++ code that is compatible with any C++ platform.
About the Author
Bruce Eckel is president of Mindview, Inc., which provides public and private training seminars, consulting, mentoring, and design reviews in Object-Oriented technology and Design Patterns. He is the author of Thinking in C++, Volume 2, and other books, has written over 150 articles, and has given lectures and seminars throughout the world for over 20 years. He has served as a voting member of the C++ Standards Committee. He holds a BS in Applied Physics and an MS in Computer Engineering.