- Implement and use Variant Configuration with SAP
- Build and maintain a complete product model
- Updated coverage on SAP ERP 6.0 enhancement pack 5 and CRM 7.0
With this all-inclusive reference, you have everything you need to implement, customize, and use Variant Configuration with SAP. Whether you’re a consultant, work directly with variant configuration, or are a manager, this book contains essential information you need in order to make key decisions on how Variant Configuration works best for your company.
Variant Configuration in ERP and CRM
Understand how to integrate Variant Configuration in processes such as quality management and customer service, and explore the necessary Customizing steps.
Advanced Integration Topics
Find extensive coverage on business processes for SAP ERP, including the Order Engineering Workbench, planning Variant Configuration, and more.
Learn about unique configurations and enhancements that are possible within specific industries and how to manage them, accompanied by customer examples and practical suggestions.
Benefit from the authors’ and SAP customers’ notes on special challenges encountered when implementing and using Variant Configuration for product models.
Updated and Expanded
This new edition covers integrated Product and Process Engineering (iPPE), Product Data Replication (PDR), the new PLM environment, and much more.
- Configuration profile and scenarios
Business Processes in SAP ERP
- Integrated process and product engineering (iPPE)
- Integration, Customizing
- Variant Configurator LO-VC
- Internet Pricing and Configurator (IPC)
- Performance optimization, change services
- Product Data Replication (PDR)
Project and Practical Reports
- Industry solution DIMP reports, project managers, SAP customers and partners
- Configuration Workgroup (CWG) and outlook on SAP Business ByDesign
About the Authors
Uwe Blumöhr, Manfred Münch, and Marin Ukalovic work at SAP and hold different positions in the area of Variant Configuration.