Learn to develop for the new Windows Phone 7 platform
With a special focus placed on the new Windows Phone 7 (WP7) design guidelines and technologies, this reference helps you extend your knowledge so that you can learn to develop for the new WP7 platform. The team of authors presents topic-by-topic comparisons between WP7 and Android and the iPhone, enabling you to learn the differences and similarities between them. This indispensible coverage prepares you for making the transition from programming for Android and the iPhone to programming for the exciting new WP7.
- Covers the exciting new technology of Windows Phone 7 (WP7) and serves as ideal reference for Android and iPhone developers who are eager to get started programming for the WP7
- Zeroes in on the differences between programming for Android and the iPhone, making it much easier for you to learn and practice
- Offers various real-world programming scenarios to enhance your comprehension
- Demonstrates how to set up your development environment, create the User Interface, use local data storage, leverage location and maps, and use system services
- Discusses how to handle security issues
Start programming for the WP7 today with this book by your side.
Develop exciting applications for the WP7 operating system
In order to create new applications for Windows Phone 7 (WP7), it is critical to have a strong understanding of the architecture of the new WP7 operating system. With a special focus placed on the WP7 design guidelines and technologies, and a look at the system architecture and basic development environment setup, this authoritative reference presents you with coverage of the core mobile application development concepts you need to know before you start developing apps. The team of authors covers the most important topics of WP7 from an Android/iOS developer's point of view, thereby providing you with a strong foundation so you can start programming for WP7 right away.
Windows Phone 7 Programming for Android and iOS Developers:
- Presents topic-by-topic comparisons between WP7 and Android and the iPhone so you can see the differences and similarities between them
- Highlights application frameworks, UI design, location and maps, and 2D and 3D graphics
- Discusses data storage in a WP7 application, as well as leveraging cloud storage
- Looks at web services and push notifications
- Covers an application's interaction with the underlying phone system
- Shares valuable information on security application frameworks in iOS, Android, and WP7
- Includes sample projects to illustrate certain programming patterns and application programming interface usage
Join our Programmer to Programmer forums to ask and answer programming questions about this book, join discussions on the hottest topics in the industry, and connect with fellow programmers from around the world.
Take advantage of free code samples from this book, as well as code samples from hundreds of other books, all ready to use.
Find articles, ebooks, sample chapters, and tables of contents for hundreds of books, and more reference resources on programming topics that matter to you.
Wrox Professional guides are planned and written by working programmers to meet the real-world needs of programmers, developers, and IT professionals. Focused and relevant, they address the issues technology professionals face every day. They provide examples, practical solutions, and expert education in new technologies, all designed to help programmers do a better job.
About the Author
Dr. Zhinan Zhou is Senior Software Engineer with Samsung Telecommunications America.
Robert Zhu is Principal Development Lead with Microsoft, developing Microsoft mobile products.
Dr. Pei Zheng is Senior Software Architect with Sony Ericsson.
Dr. Baijian Yang is an associate professor at Ball State University and teaches mobile computing courses.